Vimeo makes its Business membership a little more attractive to marketers today with the release of interactive video cards and two other features.
Cards work with both mobile and desktop videos, and let marketers add customizable notifications anywhere in a video. They display in Vimeo’s embeddable player, showing related information or offering a link for shoppers. Cards work on iOS and Android devices. For Vimeo, getting the look right on mobile was critical.
“As we started on this product, we knew that we had to solve major issues that no one else is solving—how can our creators effectively reach mobile audiences, and how can they do that in a way that feels native and premium,” explains Sara Poorsattar, Vimeo’s director of video product. “No one wants to feel like they’ve turned their content into an ad, and no viewer wants to feel like they have ads layered on top of their video. So we designed a solution that functions seamlessly with video playback on mobile and desktop, working with the design and platform solutions as our baseline for success.”
Vimeo also announced end screens, which let marketers customize a screen that appears after a video completes. An end screens can show a clickable background image, customized thumbnail, or call-to-action. Marketers can select from these eight end screen styles:
- Calls-to-Action: Add a button with a custom link and include optional title, description, and additional link.
- Share Options: Share across social media.
- Custom Image: Upload a custom image with the option of including a URL.
- Loop: Automatically replay the video each time it finishes.
- Thumbnail: Return the video to the beginning and display its thumbnail in the player.
- Empty: Display a black frame after the video finishes playing.
- Text: Include a text of up to 140 characters.
- More Videos: Select additional videos to display.
Marketers now have the option of capturing viewer emails before, during, or after a video plays. They can even make entering an email address a requirement for video playback. Saved addresses can then be imported into MailChimp, Campaign Monitor, and Constant Contact.
Because metrics matter, members can track impressions, click-through rates, and engagement for all three new features.
The interactive cards interface (click to expand)