While 2016 has just begun, it’s time for marketers to plan their campaign strategies for the rest of the year. Before you do, look at these eight surprising findings from Invodo’s “2015 Product Video Benchmarks Report.” The ecommerce video company crunched the numbers to find out what worked in 2015.
- 42 percent: The amount that brand and retailer video views grew year-over year.
Tip: Be bullish on ecommerce videos. The audience is growing.
- 150 percent: The amount that mobile video views grew year-over-year (compared to 24 percent for desktop).
Tip: Make sure your videos play on mobile and look great on smaller screens.
- 200 percent: Mobile video views grew by this much year-over-year on Black Friday and Cyber Monday.
Tip: Plan your holiday marketing strategy now. It’s too big an opportunity to leave for the last minute.
- 12.4 percent: The view rate for ecommerce videos in 2015.
Tip: Invest in online video campaigns. Shoppers are watching.
- 75 percent: 16- to 30-second long ecommerce videos enjoyed the highest completion rates, with three-quarters of viewers finishing them.
Tip: Brief is better for product-related videos.
- 1.68x: When shoppers watch an online video promoting a product, they’re 1.68x more likely to buy it.
Tip: Ecommerce videos impact sales, so have them on as many product pages as possible.
- 1.69x: People who watch an online video on a desktop computer are 1.69x more likely to buy. The rates for mobile and tablet viewers are similar.
Tip: Video’s influence is the same on all devices, so make sure your videos play on all devices.
- 2x: Videos rated 4 out of 5 stars or higher had twice the buy rate of lower-rated videos.
Tip: Quality matters in ecommerce videos. Put thought into how you present products and the information you give.
Download Invodo’s “2015 Product Video Benchmarks Report” for more advice, including where to place ecommerce videos for the best results. The report is free, but registration is required.