Online video ad company Tremor Video has just released its Video Programmatic Report for Q3 2015, and it’s a highly readable download spotlighting what works now. Here are our five favorite takeaways from the report:
- Only 1 in 5 consumers says the ads they see are relevant to them, but that 20 percent were 2.5 times more likely to enjoy video ads over than television ads.
- Demographic buying is a blunt instrument, but behavioral buying is a precision tool. Tremor found that 7 in 10 advertisers are more likely to opt for behavioral targeting now than they were a year ago.
- Consumers spend 65 percent of their mobile device viewing time on short-form clips, and 77 percent of their connected TV time on long-form programming. Since viewers shift devices during the day, cross-screen campaigns are gaining popularity.
- Short is sweet: a 15-second ad is 2 times more likely to be viewed to completion than a 60-second ad.
- Look for viewability guarantees: Buying on viewability metrics doubles the likelihood of an ad being viewed to completion, versus buying on standard CPM.
For many more stats and findings on today’s online video ad market, download the full report (registration required).