Video marketers, your world is changing by the minute. That’s why it’s important to know what works now, to know the best practices that will bring the biggest gains in the coming year.
The ecommerce video specialists at Invodo recently released their year-in-review report on 2014, and it’s packed with useful stats about where and how people are watching brand content. Tucked at the end are a few best practices for 2015. Here’s what you should be doing to drive engagement and sales:
- Be seen. Even the most engaging content can’t deliver a return on investment if it isn’t viewable, Invodo says. Be sure your product videos are prominently displayed.
- Tell them what to do. Calls-to-action let viewers know what steps to take after they’ve seen a video. Place CTAs in highly visible locations on the page.
- Keep up with SEO. Use a video player that’s built with the latest search engine optimization technology to help drive traffic to your site.
- Be flashy. This is no time to be shy: Bright colors, large buttons, and text that points to an action (such as “watch video”) all help grab viewers and pull them in.
- Remember mobile viewers. Are your calls-to-action visible on every device? Mobile viewing is growing in importance, so be sure your design works on multiple screens.
- Match the video with the page. A shopper on a product category page might be looking for general information, while a shopper on a product page wants specs for that product. Be sure to provide the best type of video for each page on your site.