Got time for one more year-end list? This is a good one, we promise. YouTube has announced the 10 most popular video ads of 2014.
Check out the list below and a few things become clear. One, this year had some spectacular video ads. And two, these ads became part of the national conversation.
Successful online video ads are entertaining, so that viewers want to watch and share them. But the really spectacular ones go beyond that and connect with the viewer in a deeper way. Some on this list used celebrities and costly special effects. Some touched us and provoked a few tears. Some were funny and some were exciting. One—Devil Baby Attack—was even a little frightening. In different ways, they all succeeded.
- Nike Football: Winner Stays. ft. Ronaldo, Neymar Jr., Rooney, Ibrahimović, Iniesta & more
- Nike Football: The Last Game ft. Ronaldo, Neymar Jr., Rooney, Zlatan, Iniesta & more
- Budweiser Super Bowl XLVIII Commercial — “Puppy Love”
- Always #LikeAGirl
- Devil Baby Attack
- Duracell: Trust Your Power – NFL’s Derrick Coleman, Seattle Seahawks
- Galaxy Note 4 — Then And Now
- P&G Thank You, Mom | Pick Them Back Up | Sochi 2014 Olympic Winter Games
- Global Be(er) Responsible Day | “Friends Are Waiting” | Budweiser
- Heineken | Routine Interruptions | The Payphone with Fred Armisen
Because simply listing the top videos isn’t enough for YouTube, it also remixed the top entries into a new creation called “2014 YouTube Ads Rewind: A Global Look Back.” Watch it below.