- Onlinevideo.net – Online Video Strategies, Platforms, News, and Tips - http://www.onlinevideo.net -
New YouTube Feature Offers to Find Fans for You
Posted By Troy Dreier On November 16, 2013 @ 2:46 am In News | No Comments
Add Fan Finder to the list of things that YouTube gives away for free. This new feature is aimed at helping channels of any size find new viewers and subscribers. All you need to do is create is create a video showing off your company or brand’s channel. YouTube does the rest.
Once you’ve created an introductory video, submit it at YouTube’s Fan Finder page . YouTube will then turn it into a TrueView video ad and show it before some video views, targeting the viewers mostly likely to enjoy your content. Since this is a TrueView ad, viewers will have the option to skip it after five seconds. Or, they could watch the full ad and click over to your channel.
To help video-makers gets started with a video ad on Fan Finder, YouTube suggests these five tips:
1. Keep the ad short and try to engage new viewers. Target your video to people who won’t have heard of your company or brand before. Viewers can skip your ad after five seconds, so entertain and engage from the start.
2. Don’t just tell the viewers what your channel is about — show them. Give them a reason to want to click over.
3. This is an ad, so be direct. Let viewers know why they should view your videos and even subscribe.
4. Include a call to action. This means telling your viewers what to do. In this case, you want them to watch your videos and subscribe to your channel.
5. Make sure your brand information is clear throughout the video, so viewers will remember you after the video ad is over.
For more on YouTube’s Fan Finder, and to view examples of ads, check out the Fan Finder page .
Article printed from Onlinevideo.net – Online Video Strategies, Platforms, News, and Tips: http://www.onlinevideo.net
URL to article: http://www.onlinevideo.net/2013/11/new-youtube-feature-offers-find-fans/
URLs in this post:
 Fan Finder page: http://youtube.com/fan_finder
 Fan Finder page: http://www.youtube.com/yt/fanfinder/
 YouTube Releases the YouTube Creator Playbook for Brands: http://www.onlinevideo.net/2014/03/youtube-releases-youtube-creator-playbook-brands/
 Google Improves YouTube TrueView Video Ad Analytics: http://www.onlinevideo.net/2014/03/google-improves-youtube-trueview-video-ad-analytics/
 VideoLC Wants to Manage Your YouTube Channels for You: http://www.onlinevideo.net/2014/02/videolc-wants-manage-youtube-channels/
 Stream Live Video: YouTube Makes it Easy: http://www.onlinevideo.net/2014/01/stream-live-video-youtube-makes-easy/
 One to Watch: Viso Flipside Offers Helpful Advice to YouTubers: http://www.onlinevideo.net/2013/12/one-watch-viso-flipside-offers-helpful-advice-youtubers/
 What McDonald’s Doesn’t Know About YouTube (But Now You Do): http://www.onlinevideo.net/2013/11/mcdonalds-doesnt-know-youtube-now/
 Pay to Increase Your View Count? YouTube Says Don’t Do It: http://www.onlinevideo.net/2013/11/pay-increase-view-count-youtube-says-dont/
 The Ultimate Guide to YouTube Video Marketing: http://www.onlinevideo.net/2013/10/ultimate-guide-youtube-video-marketing/
 The Secrets Brands Need to Know to Succeed on YouTube: http://www.onlinevideo.net/2013/08/the-secrets-brands-need-to-know-to-succeed-on-youtube/
 7 Essentials for Smart YouTube Marketing: http://www.onlinevideo.net/2013/08/7-essentials-for-smart-youtube-marketing/
Copyright © 2009 OnlineVideo.net. All rights reserved.